Whatcom County Public Works Department is hiring a Senior Engineer for the Bridge & Hydraulic Section. This section is responsible for conducting condition inspections of 163 County owned structures spread out across the county which includes structures at the Lummi Island Ferry terminals. This section is also responsible for all phases of capital project delivery involving bridge replacements and repairs, fish passage and other related projects. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a Professional Engineers license, experience with engineering design and construction, and a desire to contribute your skills, expertise and energy in the public sector, we would love to hear from you.
Professional Engineer license with one year experience working as PE.
* Engineering design
* Field supervision and inspection of construction projects
* Managing consultants and contracts
* Geographic Information System
* AutoCAD/Civil 3D
* Background check must meet County criteria
* Must have a driving record that meets County standards and possess a valid driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment
* Must be eligible to cross between the United States and Canada
* Must be able to respond to emergent situations on a 24-hour basis
Additional Salary Information: Hiring rate negotiable depending on experience. This position receives annual pay increases to the next step in the associated salary range.