Administrative, Business Development, Operations, Six Sigma
Location: Burnaby Transit Centre South Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
Department Fleet Management Projects
Provide continuous improvement leadership and guidance to support a lean cultural transformation. Develop and promote a continuous improvement strategy and promote Lean practices to improve the effectiveness and overall quality of the Maintenance Division. Provide training, coaching, advisory, and analytical services that support continuous improvement in the business through related projects and initiatives, in support and alignment with the divisional objectives.
- Provides consultative, advisory and analytical services to support the business in identifying & assessing options and strategic solutions to support business improvement opportunities. Provides guidance and support to the team throughout the entire process improvement project.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, providing Lean expertise to define the critical elements of successful initiatives and recommendations. May provide ongoing operational initiative support as required to ensure successful implementation.
- Leads development, implementation and sustainment of a Lean Vision and Strategy for the division. Lead teams in Value Stream Mapping and other continuous improvement workshops or initiatives using appropriate Lean tools and techniques to help teams successfully conduct continuous improvement initiatives and manage required changes.
- Conducts business unit assessments and assists in the identification and evaluation of processes.
- Develops and presents related documents and reports for executives, project sponsors, business leads, and other key stakeholders related to continuous improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Ensures that process improvement objectives, specific goals, measures, and metrics are established to ensure business objectives are being met. Communicates key lessons learned and best practices from across divisional process improvement projects.
- Stays current and researches best practices and advances in business and process improvement, implementing leading edge processes, techniques and tools to optimize business solution design. Stays up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Provides guidance to staff. Also develops relationships and liaises with stakeholders to share best practices and technical resources.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
Please note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Work Schedule 37.5 hours per week.
Education and Experience:
The requirements for this job are acquired through a degree in business and/or a related professional designation, black-belt certification or be eligible to complete certification in Lean or Lean Six Sigma, and minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to all aspects of Lean or Lean Six Sigma, including development, implementation and sustainment of a Lean Vision and Strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with project teams, senior management and unions.
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts and techniques of change and transition management as well as implementation of operational change; knowledge of communication techniques associated with change and transition management.
- Solid Sound judgement accompanied by listening, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to summarize, present and report results and successes.
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and strategic thinking ability, including knowledge of the theories, practices and techniques of statistical and cost benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Specific experience with lean initiatives specific to unionized maintenance and inventory environment would be an asset.
Internal Number: 20190320
About Translink/Coast Mountain Bus Company
Over 900,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.