The Allied Companies has an immediate opening for Electrical Engineering Position with Power Distribution experience to join Allied Program Management Team located in Washington, DC. The individual selected will have a proven track record as an Engineer with at least 5 years experience. Electrical Engineer should have excellent project management skills and be able to work efficiently under minimal supervision. Experience with low and medium voltage power systems. Waste Water/Construction background a plus but not required. Below is detail summary of Electrical Engineer job description.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the supporting specific electrical engineering focused programs tasks to be defined and assigned as directed by the Program Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Review and provide comment for electrical design documents (calculations, drawings and specifications) prepared by outside consultants in support of PM and Client projects for completeness, accuracy, adhere to Client design guidance as well as accepted industry and regulatory standards.
* Development of probable construction cost estimates for projects and tasks assigned to PM control;
* Secure quotations from venders/subcontractors.
* Estimate manpower and plan resource loading.
* Propose value engineering & cost effective solutions to make the proposal competitive and unique.
* Analyze received proposals/quotations and check for cost compliance to tender specifications.
* Finalizes and consolidates all direct and indirect tender costs estimates and forecast for final review and approval of higher management before submittal of bid offer.
* Provides all necessary reports and other data to the Engineering & Design Manager to facilitate their decision making.
* Act as an on-site project representative to manage design efforts outside consultants, including monitoring of scope, schedule and budget against NRPM and Client goals and requirements;
* Analyze and recommend appropriate solutions to accommodate variance issues and/or engineering or technological problems and work to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
* Exercise of judgment required on details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives; and
* Possesses extensive, progressive technical experience in engineering and requisite skills in multiple discipline areas.
* Independently applies advanced engineering and analyses for problems and methods.
* Other duties may be assigned.
About Allied Companies, LLC
Allied Companies is a fully integrated civil engineering firm with capabilities to support the full project life cycle. With a reputation for innovative design and responsiveness to our clients' needs, Allied manages civil and structural engineering projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region for federal, state and local governments. Our network of licensed professional engineers can provide expert consultation in numerous areas of design and analysis.
Allied provides civil and structural engineering, construction management services and environmental design services involving roadway and bridge design, building design and stormwater, wastewater & sanitary systems planning. Services include:
• Feasibility studies
• Master Planning
• Sustainable Design
• Roadways & Surface Work
• Utility Plans
• Stormwater Management Design
• Low Impact Design
• Hydrology Modeling
• Permitting Assistance