Aerospace - Aerospace Sciences, Aerospace - Aircraft / Air Transportation Systems / Operations, Aerospace - Control Systems, Aerospace Engineering
AeroLinked Staffing Solutions
Unique Skills: Experience with some or all of the following metrology devices is preferred: Laser Trackers, CMM’s, laser scanning, photogrammetry, and structured light scanning. root cause corrective action and data analysis experience preferred. Able to build inspection plans in CATIA V5. Expert with GD&T data.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Four (4) years Metrology Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automation Engineering or related technical experience.
Position Purpose: Work independently or as part of a team to prepare, conduct, and evaluate for the implementation, programming and support of metrology equipment in tooling, program development and production. Assist with the improvements and problem solving for design and manufacturing issues related to tooling, material fabrication, and assembly methods. Build inspection plans and standardize inspection methods. Furthermore, will provide analysis of metrology reports and interact with the Customers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
1. Interpret & consolidate aircraft engineering, tooling designs and production requirements, to develop optimized measurement plans and processes.
2. Under limited supervision, develop programing for all measurement equipment that will be used in the development, manufacture and support of NORDAM PROGRAMS.
3. Collaborate with engineering, tooling, manufacturing engineering and operations to determine optimal manufacturing procedures.
4. Develop and document standards for the handling and utilization of metrology equipment.
5. Create standardized and custom inspection reports through the utilization of Metrologic software.
6. Study and optimize equipment performance for increased capacity and equipment efficiency.
7. Interact and collaborate with equipment vendors on warranty repairs, necessary improvements and upgrades.
8. May act as Team Leader, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
9. Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; validates measurement results for accuracy and repeatability.
10. Provide and/or contribute to the documentation of new or recent processes involving metrology techniques or equipment.
11. Define and document required. specification for additional metrology equipment using existing or known processes.
12. Independently lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
13. Lead AC7130 NADCAP Measurement and Inspection accreditation.
14. Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
2. Assist NORDAM Quality as needed, during periodic and conformity Inspections.
3. Assist in the selection of metrology equipment and software. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven knowledge of metrology equipment, software and current measurement techniques.
2. Extensive knowledge of 3D CAD/CATIA modeling and a strong understanding of GD&T.
3. Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles. Languages Required (in addition to English):English
Please contact: 210-627-3307 or 210-627-3444
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About AeroLinked, LLC.
AeroLinked, LLC is a total staffing solutions company that offers a complete line of services to meet the needs of its clients in the Aviation and Aerospace Industry. We work with companies throughout the continental U.S. and around the world. What separates us from other staffing agencies is that we specialize in what we know best and do best. We devote ourselves exclusively to the staffing needs of the Aviation and Aerospace Industry. That is our niche, and we know it better than any of the staffing companies and job-board operators that serve employment markets generally, and cannot draw on industry-specific insights and expertise like we do. Our Mission: Become The #1 Source For Aviation and Aerospace Jobs!